Organic Family Farm
We are a small family farm in the Inland Empire of California (northern Riverside County). We picked the name Rancho de los Proyectos, which means Ranch of Projects, because we like to do modern and traditional homesteading activities, and are always starting new projects.There are four of us, Erik, Becky, Darwin and Gabrieila. We are a homeschooling family that takes great joy in both learning and teaching. Our farm is organic, small, and we take great care of our soil and environment. We are scientists, artists, gymnasts, writers, educators, friends, small business owners, members of our local and global community. We are passionate about food and fiber arts, among other things.
To get our contact info cilck here
Our family (L to R) Erik, Darwin, Becky and Bree
Photos by Jaime Gauge-Chavez
Some of our Projects
- Farm shares: Become a member to get weekly bags of the freshest organic produce. For more information on our farm share program (sometimes called Community Supported Agriculture, or CSA for short), click here. Not sure what a CSA is? See the CSAs page at Local Havest.
- Grove School Farmers Market: Every Saturday morning from 8am-noon at Heritage Park in Redlands. Click here for a map to the market and other information.
- Chickens: We keep a flock of around 40 egg laying hens of a variety of breeds, and occasionally raise meat birds. For details click here.
- Fiber arts: We regularly spin, knit, crochet and dye wool. We have sheep and an alpaca, and hope to get silk worms in the future. We grow some cotton and dyeing materials, but also use purchased natural dyes. Click here to see photos of our animals.
- Cooking with ingredients from our farm. Click here for information about different kinds of produce, and recipes for using them in seasonal combinations.
- Sustainability: We practice a carbon-neutral lifestyle for our family and in our business, to leave a better world for our children. We strive to constantly improve these practices. Our sustainability projects have included solar electricity, energy efficiency and alternative appliances, fuel efficient cars, making compost from farm & household waste to return fertility to the gardens, and using water efficiently. We hope to add rainwater collection and infiltration in the near future. Click here to see our past and future projects.
To learn more about the web designer click here